TIP JAR

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tualatin

The couple sitting next to us at Starbucks had just returned from a mission trip to Cambodia with their 16 year-old son. They were pleasant and kind, and did not smell like smoke. We chatted easily while Longitude used the free Wi-Fi to hook up our utilities. We noticed that the restaurant next door had a Champagne Brunch, perhaps even a dress code. Our apartment has spotless carpet, quiet neighbors, and a jacuzzi bath. Another car stopped to let me in as I was turning onto a busy street. This was our first outing in our new city, and up to that point I was impressed.

Next was a trip to Fred Meyer. I smelled the earthy fragrance of patchouli on at least three fellow customers. We weren't the only ones with reusable grocery bags in our cart. I think we'll fit in just fine.

If you're taking the Freeway from the south, the exit before ours says, Portland Airport 25 miles. PDX to ORD will be a breeze.

No comments: