TIP JAR

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Sublime Saturday










Today was truly the best day I've had in a long, long time. I didn't see my kids today, but it wasn't my day to see them anyway and they were happily spending time with their grandparents and friends so I knew they were safe. And being able to text them thoughts and pictures (even with my 6 year old who isn't reading fully yet) is life-changing. I'm sure I'll be able to see them in real life or by FaceTime tomorrow. Even if all we do is eat unicorn pudding and play youtube videos together.
I started the day out waking up. And every day that I wake up, especially a day that I wake up feeling physically and mentally well, is already the best day of my life. I met my amazing neighbor, Leslie (aka LL or Cheechette), outside for our morning “smoke break”. It does not always involve smoking anything, but we love taking fresh air and sunshine breaks together. She had already gotten out her favorite bowl to cut fresh salad greens for us to eat. I couldn’t wait to get inside, and I was able to tolerate standing long enough (and using the wheelchair a bit) to make a 6 egg white omelet full of tender, fresh, young greens. They were done when they hit the pan practically. And I only added 4 ingredients. Then I had leftover chicken curry that CB had made me the night before for lunch. Basically I’m spoiled and I eat like a king. There isn’t much that I like to eat that isn’t available to me. And next Saturday I have plans to hit the farmer’s market first thing. I can even use my food stamps to buy fresh veggies and fruit and even meat and other things. 
Finally, I got to take an awesome nap. Let’s just say that Chris’s first full-time work week took a log out of both of us, and after some much needed alone time we each slept for several hours. There’s no way I can pick just one picture so I’m attaching a bunch. Hopefully you can tell what they are of without captions because I’m too tired to add them. But you can always comment and ask a question and I’ll do my best to see it and answer it! Love to everyone reading this right now. You all keep me going, facing each day, and I can't thank you enough for that. 🌺😊

No comments: